Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mexico Concerns.

OK. Two days in. Not a lot of time for assesment.

What are my biggest worries here?

1. Getting run over. WTF. I almost got run over by a guy in a cheap Japanese car listening to Air Supply. No shit. Air Supply. All Out of Love. I only heard the verse, not the chorus, as I leapt out of his way.

2. Grates. There are so many little, fragile grates on the sidewalk that I think were only meant to hold small Indios. I probably stress these grates more than a whole tribe of little Indios dancing in unison after a Pre-columbian ritual. They were not made to hold my super-sized nortramericano weight.

3. Los Emos. WTF??? Emo culture is INSANE here. I have seen a consevative ratio of 30 Emo haircuts to ¹norteño cowboy hat. No joke. It went from surprise to genuine concern. Why is this happening??? Also, TONS of girls with Emo bangs and tight shirts, showing off a little pansa. (OK, that's less of a concern than a distraction.)

I have more concerns. I will share later.

2 comments:

sarahfisch said...

You know what? *Several* emo kids have been martyred in Mexico and I"m not even kidding. You should at least sidesweep your bangs in solidarity.

BTW my word verification word is "Baulante," which should totally mean something in Spanglish.

Mantecatron said...

¡Entonces...baulatemos!

¡Vamos!