Friday, October 31, 2008

Museo Regional V.

From 07 Morelia
A...provocotive mural.

I'm so glad to see things in black and white. Before, I thought the issue of the Conquest was complex and nuanced. However, Aztecs = Good. Europeans = Bad.

Y'know. This really is a case of a brutal, theocratic empire conquering a slightly more brutal, theocratic empire.

There might be some that thinks that the Spaniards should have preserved to Aztec ways, instead of destroying their culture wholesale and imposing their way of life. But you know what? That's a WESTERN idea, totally foreign to the f'n Aztecs. Screw 'em!

Absolute rights and wrongs, I don't really know, but Aztec mass murder in the name of a societal practice is totally beyond me. When culture (the man made need to kill to appease the gods) overrides nature (the biological need to preserve life) then that comes pretty close to a universal wrong to me.

Anyway. I can say this in a more thoughtful way, but I'm just tapping this out with my thumbs on a fancy telephone. Sorry!

No comments: