Friday, October 31, 2008

Random Thoughts.

There are tons of optical stores in Mexico. But I haven't noticed that many people wearing glasses. Why? Who's buying these glasses? Foreigners? Should I buy some glasses while I'm here?

There are tons of tiny, adorable Mexican school kids around everywhere. Holding hands, so they don't get lost and wearing adorable school uniforms. A couple of times I wanted to take a picture, but I might seem like a weirdo and I'd get attacked and run out of town.

There are also tons of business called "___________ El Güero" Why? Is a light skinned hermano going to fix my radiator better or make better tacos? Is it self-depricating? Are they bragging?

Can you imagine in the US - "Light-Skinned Black Guy's Soul Food?" Who would eat there?

I'm light-skinned. You don't want me making your tacos. Call me if you need help defragging your computer or have a question about 70s TV sitcoms. That's about it.

No comments: