Monday, October 27, 2008

Estoy Blogeando Aqui.

From 06 Queterero
At a fancy cafe on one of the plazas of Queretero. Eating greasy pasta. Listening to Bread. (Baby, I want you to want me. That's Bread, right?)

Anyway, Queretero is overcast and cool. I spent the day looking for clothes that fit me. Now I know where they sent the stuff that didn't make the cut at Solo Serve. Eek.

For some reason, the prices of clothing are out of whack compared to the cost of everything else in Mexico. Also, the clothes are... wack. (That's the closest word I can find.) I can't tell you how many cheap jean I saw with brand names like "Macho" or "Hombre" with golden threading and patches on the back pocket. Or little ripped and distressed affectations. Jackets with more zippers than my huge dorky backpack- on the forearms and everywhere else and "1983" and fake paint splatters silkscreened on it for no reason. Anyway, I did find some jeans that actually fit and look OK. And also $50 worth of clothes that I will leave at the border. ("Timberland?" No, "Timberwolf!")

No comments: