Monday, October 13, 2008

Day One

Finally in Mexico. Came in on Columbus Day. Does that mean something?

Staying in a charming hostel. Using their free Wi-Fi as I write this.

For some reason the programs that I paid for to upload pics are not working. I will be editing them and adding pics later. Maybe when I get back.

Monterey (at least the small part that I'm in) is very walkable and charming. El Barrio Antiguo. Upscale shopping nearby.

The weather was overcast and surprisingly cool.

There were some amazing chalk drawings outside the museum. Pics later.

I just got finished eating a steak and watching an NFL game at a restaurant. The guy next to me at the bar sold parts to cut industrial steel. He paid for a few of my beers. Later on I went to see the musician that was playing all these great songs of the 70s. Bread. Billy Joel. I requested America and he played Tin Man. Flawlessly. "No Oz never gave anything to the Tin Man. That he didn't already, already have." Does this mean something, too?

No comments: